Friday, December 17, 2010

Logan's 1st Christmas Tree

We finally had a chance to go out and find a Christmas tree. Between being busy, Christmas shopping/planning, various illnesses, rain, and everything else smashed together, we've had a hard time finding time for a tree. I guess if you want to be technical, we do have a tree. I put up a fake 6' tree in our front room a few weeks ago (only because I wanted a tree that could be seen from outside). But fake trees are for wimps and we have family traditions to keep up.

So we bundled up and headed to our favorite tree destination: Cox Christmas Trees in Eatonville. The owners are the kindest people and the only problem we ever have is narrowing down which tree we want. They all look good!

We normally spend $50 or more on trees but this year I insisted on the old stand-by: an inexpensive Douglas Fir. I couldn't justify spending much considering we'll be taking it down so soon. Although there were a couple of gorgeous Nobles that were screaming "pick me, Mandy!"

We eventually settled on a nice 9' tree. Chris likes huge trees but I like narrow ones. He always wins, but this year we found one that made us both happy. We brought it home, set it up, and decorated it while watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (another tradition).
Like last year, we went with the red and white lights. My huge/priceless collection of Hallmark ornaments are tucked away safely in their respective boxes this year and have been temporarily replaced by red, green and gold balls. Because I don't care if those break. And for a little extra pizzazz this year, we went with tinsel.
Logan likes his first tree. I'm glad :)

No comments: