Wednesday, March 9, 2011

All About Owen

The past few posts have been about Logan, so it's Owen's turn. I can't believe the little stinker will turn 3 next month! We've picked a date for his party and he's chosen his own theme. I'm not sure how big or small the party will be. Part of me wants to keep it small and simple. But a bigger part of me wants to go all out and celebrate my firstborn! After all, we waited a long time for him. And they are only little once. We'll see.

Owen's almost halfway through his swim lessons. He loves his teacher Jamie and she really gets a kick out of him! Owen jumped into the pool for the first time on Monday. He'd been a little reluctant during his first couple lessons. He would squat down and sort of fall into my arms. But the other day, I flat-out said "we'll stop for ice cream if you jump in." Yep, that's all it took! He jumped in several times. Nothing wrong with a little bribing, right?

And I'll wrap this up with a picture of Owen playing Wii Sports Resort. He's awesome at judo, cycling and flying the plane. Seriously, what a spoiled kid!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helen is approaching three as well, and I can hardly believe it! I'm in the same dilemma as you - to party or to par-tay...hmmm...

I think that there is definitely a big bash in store for Henry's 5th and Harrison's first. Am I bad mom if I only do a little something for Helen in June? I think I might be all partied out by then!

A NEVER EVER bribe my kids( I swear). Supernanny is shaking her head right now and tsk tsking behind your back.

I see a Wii throwdown in our future. We can put the kids up against each other and make bets. ;-)

Chris and Mandy said...

Oh blah... those damn Brits are so uptight! If my bribing ruins my kids, I'll volunteer to go on Supernanny and admit that I'm a horrible mom :)

I'd love to see Henry and Owen duke it out on Wii Judo!!