Owen wandered into our room at 4am this morning and climbed in bed with us. He's only done this once or twice before so I don't really mind, and I'm not too worried about it becoming a habit.
After about 10 minutes, he told me he was ready to go back into his "little bed." So I carried him into his room and laid him down. I asked if I could lay with him for a few minutes (because his bed is really comfy!) and he said yes.
Ten minutes later, he said, "Mommy, go back. Big bed." What the heck?
"But Owen, don't you want Mommy to lay with you and rub your back?"
"No. Owen little bed. Mommy big bed."
Alrighty then. Owen kicked me out of his room! Back to snoring, bed-hogging Chris I went.
Even though I was a little put out, I was also congratulating myself on raising a child who is perfectly capable of putting himself back to sleep. Let's hope this continues!
2 comments:
I sure do love my little boys ;-)
Yes, they are special!!
LOL that is so cute! I have to say...every now and then...I enjoy cuddles in the big bed. Especially on Saturday mornings when we all end up there, all FIVE of us, laughing and giggling. Someday, there will be nothing but Saturdays with no little ones to look forward to, so I'm trying to enjoy it now while I can.
Don't feel too bad...I've been kicked out before too. Little stinkers want their space to themselves I guess! I always think "but how can you not want Mommy? Don't you ALWAYS want Mommy?" *sniff*
Good job with having a little man that can sleep without your help. My first two are fine, and now there is Harrison. Nothing I've done in the past works with this one. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
Post a Comment