Chris had something come up at work early Sunday morning which kept him there for several extra hours. Because of that, we had to readjust our day. Oh well, it's not the first time his job has interfered with holiday plans, or regular family plans for that matter. I guess I'm used to it.

I organized a neighborhood Easter egg hunt at our park, and it turned out very nice. (I made sure it started on time.) We had LOTS of kids show up and everyone went home with baskets full of goodies. Owen actually didn't seem to care about hunting for eggs at first. He was more interested in watching all the other kids. I'm too competitive to sit there and watch my kid walk around with one egg in his basket so I kneeled down and sternly whispered "Those eggs are filled with candy and tattoos. Go get as many as you can." It worked, because he ended up finding about 20 eggs. Logan found a bunch too and put them in his basket all by himself.
After the egg hunt, we came home and I prepared dinner. My mom and Chris colored eggs with Owen while I worked. We had ham, green bean casserole, this potato dish that I love to make, and homemade rolls. Dessert was a spring-themed cake that I had made the night before.After my mom left, the boys were tired so we didn't bother with their Easter baskets. So we did them the next day instead. At our house, the bunny makes a nest and hides it. Then he leaves a
trail of candy eggs that lead to the nest. This year, Owen got the concept and followed the trail all over the house until he found the nest. He and Logan loved their Easter baskets (especially the rubber snakes!) and played with their new toys for hours.The holiday was nice, even though it was spread over a couple of days. We were sad that my sister couldn't join us. She received a very last-minute request from Holland America to work for 6 days, so she flew to Ft Lauderdale late Saturday night. We'll celebrate with her when she gets home.
No comments:
Post a Comment