Saturday, August 6, 2011

Family Exercise

I have another 5k coming up later this month. It's a memorial run for a local pregnant mom who was hit and killed by a car (driver fell asleep). I didn't know her personally but I know some of her basketball friends. Very sad, but this will be a nice way to remember her and raise some money for her family.

Chris is planning on running the 10k and my mom will be walking the 5k. We're even signing Owen up for the kids run. I have jogged several times since Ragnar but I've been taking it slow. My calf is just about healed but I've got a stress fracture in my foot. Nothing I can't handle of course as I've had them before, but regardless I've been trying to take it slow.

I was looking over the 5k course and told Chris I'd like to go check it out. So we loaded the boys up and headed to Heritage Recreation Center, which isn't far from our house. I plugged in the Garmin and took off on my jog. Chris had already hiked 11 miles with his friends that morning so he opted to walk with Owen (and Logan in the jogging stroller).

I didn't stick to the actual course but became familiar with the trail. I passed the boys a couple of times and it was so cute to hear Owen yell "Slow down, Mommy!" as he tried to keep up. When I hit 3.1 miles I found my family and we walked back to the car.

Since it's always great to destroy a workout with junk food afterward, we felt it was necessary to stop at Sonic on the way home. Owen devoured his ice cream (and Logan's too!) and we headed home. We'll definitely do this more often!!

No comments: