Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fish Hatchery

Last week during our few days of summer, my dad called and asked if Owen would like to go to the fish hatchery to watch the salmon jump up the ladders. Of course Owen said yes, so the two of them took off in my dad's new Jeep to go look at the fish.

Apparently the fish were huge (30-pounders) and their splashes were big enough to get Owen as he stood and watched. He found this to be hilarious and giggled the entire time.

Owen still talks about all the big fish he saw, so we'll try to make it out there again soon. I think he's going to be very interested in fishing, which will make my dad happy. I'm sure they will fish a lot together as Owen gets older.

1 comment:

Gramma Nan said...

I think nothing would be nicer that to see Owen fishing with his Grampa John! What a treat for grand-dad :-) to show Owen all of his "tricks" on catching the "big one".