Monday, October 31, 2011

Chaos

I didn't even recognize my neighborhood last night. It was pure chaos. Seriously. At one point, while trick-or-treating, we turned a corner and saw at least 200 people on the street. How fun is that!

We live in rural Pierce County. In a huge house, nestled amongst other huge houses in a gated community that's kind of tucked away. So I guess "huge houses" means "they hand out good candy" because carloads of excited kids were being dropped off to trick-or-treat here. And my neighbors really did hand out awesome stuff.

My mom lives on a very quiet street and never gets any trick-or-treaters, so she came over to hand out candy for us while we took the boys out. She kept me posted via text messages on the candy progress, and at 7:33pm she let me know that we had 3 pieces left! Meaning that in 90 minutes, we had 150 trick-or-treaters! Shutting the lights off at 7:33pm on Halloween makes you a prime target for egging, but luckily we managed to avoid that. I glanced out and most of my street was dark by 8pm. Still lots of kids out though.

Here's what my front porch looked like:
My mom said everyone was complimenting the decor. One little boy made his mom walk up to the door with him because he was too spooked to go alone!

Owen and Logan scored a ton of good stuff. Lucky for them, Chris and I are really being strict with our junk food intake so we don't plan on eating a lot of their candy. The night was fun and we were sad it had to end so early! I hated turning my rad decorations off at 7:33pm. Lame! Awesome night though, and we already can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: