Friday, October 12, 2012

Coming Home

The one thing left on my Utah List was to see the Great Salt Lake. I didn't really care if we went to a park or not.. I just wanted to see it. We had breakfast at the hotel, loaded the car up, and left. We drove out to a marina and saw the lake. It was pretty foggy so it wasn't worth taking any pictures, but now I can say I've seen it.

We drove to the airport and dropped the car off. The ridiculous Chrysler 300. We found out that we put 1200 miles on it! We might have looked dumb camping with it, but it was a good car. Here is the one and only picture:

We eventually boarded the plane for home and were happy to see it wasn't even halfway full with 60 passengers. We were on an empty flight coming home from Vegas once.. it's the best way to fly!

My mom picked us up from the airport and we couldn't get home to our boys fast enough. They were so happy to see us and we were thrilled to see them! During the week, my family took turns watching them. My sister is home for a while and was able to spend a lot of time with the boys, and they absolutely adore her. She's so good with them. 

We've been home for a couple of weeks now, and I can't get that gorgeous state out of my mind. Chris and I have spent a lot of time reflecting on our trip, talking about the different areas, our favorite trails, what we'd like to see next time, etc. I seriously wish that we could move down there. Chris is not opposed to moving down there, but the one and only thing that keeps us in Washington is his job. But we'll see! At the very least, I know that we'll head back to Utah in the future!

No comments: