Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Play Room

Our kids scored so many great gifts for Christmas. I'm so picky when it comes to having toys out downstairs. (I've had several people tell me "you'd never know you had kids" which is music to my ears! Who wants their house looking like Toys R Us?) I hate hanging out in our bonus room, where most of the toys are kept, so a few days ago I made the executive decision to turn our den into a downstairs play room.

The room has been empty since we moved in and I've always had plans to turn it into a music room. I have a piano waiting for me at my mom's house, as well as a handful of guitars, my bass, and other random things. I'd like to add a cello to my collection someday. But... that can wait.

We picked up a cube shelving unit, some canvas storage bins, a small tv stand, and a big plush rug. We set up Owen's new Thomas track set, put my old college tv on the stand, set a few DVDs out, and let the boys run wild. We all love the new room! I just need to add a few pictures on the walls. And I'm crossing my fingers that they behave around all that wainscoting.

1 comment:

J, B, O, J & Z said...

I wish we had a room to do this in too! I hate having toys all over the place.