Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mountain Climbin'

Chris and I are going to climb to the south rim of Mount St Helens this summer.Our latest trip to Utah and Nevada really lit a fire under me to get some things crossed off my list. My grandpa and dad have climbed mountains so it's time for me to climb one too. Granted, Mt Rainier is the crown jewel that I have my eye on eventually, but St Helens will be a good one to do first.

I was researching some long hikes around St Helens this evening when I came across a page about climbing permits. I noticed that the slots were filling up (they only allow 100 people to climb per day). Then I noticed that the permits just went on sale TODAY. I suddenly felt this urge to buy one so I looked at Chris and blurted out "you wanna climb it with me?" He replied "go get my calendar and let's pick a date." Yeah!
After some discussion, we picked a date in early July. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'm too excited!

No comments: