We were looking for something to do on Sunday, so we headed up to the cabin for the day. We'd initially planned on an overnighter, but silly me, I forgot to make arrangements for the dogs. No big deal... the cabin is only an hour away so we just did a day trip. There's still about a foot of snow on the ground so I was all excited to do a little sledding with Owen. But no. He wanted to (get this...) sit inside by the fire! So I went sledding by myself, but lasted all of 5 minutes. Because snow is no fun when
you don't have anyone to share it with. So I went inside, snuggled up with the boys, and we watched movies. Something we could have done at home of course, but more fun because we were in a cozy cabin.
you don't have anyone to share it with. So I went inside, snuggled up with the boys, and we watched movies. Something we could have done at home of course, but more fun because we were in a cozy cabin.We snacked on "cabin food", aka junk, and made s'mores. We chopped up a few logs so we'll have dry wood for next time (yep, I can swing an axe too!) and headed back home. Even though the boys poo-poo'd the snow (except for a couple of obligatory mom-forced sledding pictures), we still had a great time!

No comments:
Post a Comment