Monday, March 7, 2011

Logan's Birthday Party

Saturday was so much fun! We had the house packed full of people who helped Logan celebrate his big day.

We did a sports theme this time and decorated the house in red and blue. I made wrap sandwiches, PBJ sandwiches for the kids, meatballs (which have become my party staple and I'd get in trouble if I didn't make them), seasoned pretzels, and put together fruit and veggie trays.

I also attempted my first fondant cake. I've watched enough Cake Boss to have the confidence to try it out, and I think I did a decent job on my first try. I made the fondant from scratch using marshmallows and powdered sugar. I cut the "Happy Birthday" letters using the Cricut cake machine my mom gave me. I stacked the layers without the whole thing toppling over, and most importantly, I kept Owen from sticking his fingers in it. It's got some flaws and I learned some lessons along the way, but overall I'm happy with it. And it didn't even take very long. Maybe an hour total? Best part: I spent about $7 total, including the football figurines.

We had the bounce house set up in the bonus room. I'm so glad that we have enough space to have it indoors! The kids had a blast jumping and really went wild when I tossed a bunch of punching balloons in. I'm betting that everyone took good naps on the way home! The bounce house was a good investment and I'm sure it will be used at all our parties.

Logan scored so many great gifts. Both he and Owen have been playing with all the new toys. Our family and friends are so generous.

After three hours of hard partying, it was time to say goodbye. I had such a fun time at this party. Thank you to everyone who helped make Logan's big birthday so special!

No comments: