Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Owen the Perch

Owen had his first swim lesson yesterday. He's a perch. I've always loved how they name the class levels after fish. I remember when I was a minnow and how badly I wanted to be a dolphin. Because everyone knows that dolphins are way cooler than minnows.

Owen's been in the pool many times and I've worked with him on the basics, so I haven't been in much of a hurry to get him into lessons. However, he's about to hit the age cut-off for parent/child classes, so I figured I'd sign us up for one session. I admit, I was a little nervous when I found out that we were the only ones in the group who haven't taken lessons yet. I wondered if he'd be way behind the other kids.

My fears were short-lived. Because my kid was the best and most advanced in the class.

So we'll get through this session and then he will start lessons on his own. And I'm sorry that I don't have a picture to go along with this post. The Y has strict rules about no cameras in or around the pool. Kind of a bummer, but as a mom I definitely appreciate their rules.

No comments: