Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ragnar, Here We Come

I learned about Ragnar from my cousin Amy last summer, and decided that I needed to put it on my list of things to accomplish. The Ragnar Relay Series puts on races across the country, and we're lucky to have one here in Washington. Teams of 12 run from Blaine to Whidbey Island for a total of 188 miles over two days, including overnight.

I recruited Chris and our friend Tiffany, and then my cousin Maria. Tiffany found a couple more people, and then we hit a brick wall. Apparently none of our friends are as much fun (or crazy?) as we are, because everyone we asked had some sort of lame excuse! However, because the internet is such a wonderful thing, I was able to find a group of 6 who joined up with us, and we now have a complete team. We'll be running under the team name "How the West Was Run." Catchy, yes? :)

Chris and I are so excited to tackle this challenge together, and I'm looking forward to making a few new friends.

You can check out Amy's Ragnar experience here, and the Ragnar website here.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am so excited!!! This is going to be a fun adventure. Let me know if you you need my assistance with anything. Thanks again for thinking of me for your team.
~Tiffany