Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rainy Day at Point Defiance

I was reading our friend Tiffany's blog a couple days ago and noticed that she had taken her kids to play at Point Defiance Park. I told Chris "I want to go to there again soon" and he replied with "Let's go now." The timing was terrible. We'd just put Logan in his crib for a nap and it was raining. But... we went ahead and got Logan back up, grabbed our rain gear and headed out.

The pond and gardens that I wanted to visit were pretty wet (as in standing water, and that was in addition to the pond) so we bypassed those and headed for the zoo. We knew we'd only have two hours before they closed, but that's the beauty of having a membership. I don't fret over wondering if we've gotten our money's worth.

We made it through all the exhibits and managed to stay fairly dry. As I've mentioned in previous posts, Owen always seems to have a new favorite animal. This time it was the otters. Two of them were playing in the water right in front of him, and he kept exclaiming "Look! Swim lessons!" He was excited to see the tigers again. The babies are growing so fast!

Now that Logan is walking, he was able to get out of the stroller and enjoy some of the animals up close. He really liked the sharks.

We had a nice time despite the rain. However, we'll try to head back soon and spend some time at the pond and gardens.

No comments: