Another thing Owen's been getting the hang of: bargaining. I love watching the little wheels turn in that head of his.
While he really enjoys swim lessons, he does NOT enjoy that sometimes Logan gets to go to grandpa's house. (Chris has been working a ton of off-duty so my dad helps out on swimming days.) Lately, while we're on our way to my dad's, Owen will start saying "Owen, Boppa's house?" I'll remind him that no, he's going to swim lessons and Logan is going to Boppa's house. So he'll try another approach... "Logan, swim lessons. Owen, Boppa's house." It so cute that he thinks I'm going to fall for that one!
My mom has a hat box in her living room and always sticks a small treat inside for Owen. When he goes to her house, he makes a beeline for the box to see what's waiting for him. The other day it was a ring pop. I stuck it in his backpack and he forgot about it.
Last night, he found the ring pop so I let him eat it. When he was finished, he asked for another ring pop. I told him we didn't have any more. He said "Nana, ring pop." I replied with "Yes, Nana probably does have more ring pops." He was quiet for a second, and then asked "Go to Nana's house?" Hahaha!! No way, sorry kid! We're not plucking Logan out of bed to drive 25 minutes to your grandma's house for a piece of candy. I love how his little mind works. He's got a lot of my sister in him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment