Sunday, April 17, 2011

Support Rally

I'm part of a cop wives group that's been holding support rallies at all the SPD precincts. Friday night, I took my mom and the boys to the south precinct to join in the fun. My cousin Maria showed up as well, which meant so much to Chris. We had a great turnout of family, friends, and community members. I met some wonderful people that I'll definitely be staying in touch with.

Of course, it's impossible to try and support the police without protestors showing up. Despite being called pigs' wives, racists, fascists, Nazis, uneducated (funny, I guess next time I should take my college diploma), and being told to "go back to the suburbs", we actually found them entertaining.

We had a nice time. Chris was so touched to have his family show up and support him and the job that he does.

No comments: