Sunday, April 17, 2011

Owen's 3rd Birthday

Owen's birthday has come and gone. He turned 3 on Thursday but we celebrated on Saturday. On his actual birthday, he opened a few gifts and we had a small cake. Then on Saturday, we had some friends and family over for his party.
He had been asking for a Hot Wheels party for two months. I was hoping for a dinosaur party because I had a neat cake idea, but he really wanted Hot Wheels. That's okay, because I still had fun doing his cake.

Owen was so excited for his party. He wore his race car driver costume for a little while, and he waited by the front window so he could see his guests arrive. As soon as all the kids were here, Owen handed out the treat bags and then they hit the bounce house for a while.

Once the kids were bounced out, Owen opened gifts. He was so polite and said thank you after each gift. My favorite part: I'd picked up a Matchbox carwash play set (he's really into washing his cars). Unfortunately, he found it before I'd had a chance to wrap it. I had told him "that's a present for your Aunt Laura" and he bought it. So when he opened it up yesterday, he said "no, Wa-Wa's present" and handed it to her! How cute :)

Then it was time for the cake. The cake Owen had been talking about for two months. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. I had wanted to put a finish line on it somewhere, but didn't really have space. Owen was thrilled with his cake and I'm glad I got it "just right" for him.

Eventually it was time for everyone to leave. Owen spent the rest of the evening playing with his new toys. He even shared with Logan.

Happy 3rd Birthday, Owen! We love you so much.

No comments: