However, Owen ended up taking a spill. I had unplugged the bounce house to clean up some milk that Owen had smuggled in and spilled. (Grrrr! I told him no milk was allowed!) Owen tried to exit by climbing over one of the deflating walls and somehow managed to do a backward somersault-type of thing. It looked painful but he popped right up.I cleaned the milk and turned the bounce house back on. Owen played for several minutes and suddenly called me over to tell me his ear hurt. I looked at his ear and it appeared fine, so I started asking if it hurt inside his ear or outside. He started rubbing the back of his neck but kept saying it was his ear. (My guess is that he couldn't remember the word "neck" so he was naming the closest body part.) He wasn't crying, but he laid down and curled up into a ball while he held his neck.
Chris has extensive paramedic training and he determined that Owen should be looked at. Our doctor was able to get him in right away and said that Owen most likely has a sprain in his neck. He didn't bother with x-rays because he didn't see the need.
For the rest of the day, Owen seemed fine for the most part. Every now and then he would lay down and hold his neck, but he'd pop up a few minutes later. He seems totally fine today and is asking to bounce again! I'm glad this wasn't more serious. We've been very lucky with our kids so far. No serious injuries in three years! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment