parade is in its 78th year and is a Pierce County tradition. I hadn't been to the parade in years but decided it's time to start going again. I love seeing my boys experience the same things I did when I was their age, and it's fun makin' Chris into a Puyallup boy!The parade goes through Tacoma, Puyallup, Sumner and Orting. The 5k route took us along the staging area
in Tacoma, and I was careful not to look at the floats so I could be surprised later on in Puyallup. We found a nice spot and made ourselves comfortable. The parade was wonderful. Much longer than I remember it being.. over two hours! It was especially fun to see the Puyallup HS and Edgemont JH bands march by. The Edgemont Eagle even ran over to give Owen a high-five! It made me think of all the football games I spent wearing the Eagle costumes with Amy. Yep, bet you never knew I was a mascot in junior high!
As soon as the parade was finished, Owen and I said goodbye to Chris and Logan and booked up to my mom's house. We jumped in the car with her and her neighbor Elise and headed to the Mariner's game. I admit, I did NOT want to go to the game because I knew I'd be tired. But my mom pestered me for two solid days and even sent me so many texts that my phone started
begging me to free up some memory.Of course, once we were at the game I was glad I went. It's always fun seeing Elise, and Owen had a great time. We'll probably head to at least one or two more Mariners games, but we're also planning on attending a few Rainiers games as well.
Owen fell asleep on the drive home and even slept through his PJ change. Chris said that I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and that I didn't move until I woke up the next morning. It was a long day! But a fun one :)
No comments:
Post a Comment