Thursday, April 7, 2011

Swimming

Owen finished his first session of swim lessons a couple weeks ago. Chris took him to his last three lessons, which was fun for them both. We had a week off, and now we're back at it. Owen's no longer a Perch; he's a Goldfish now. This will be our final session of parent/child lessons, and I can't wait. Don't get me wrong... I love being in the water and I really enjoy teaching my child to swim. But I hate the chaos of the locker room afterward. It's going to be so nice to just snitch Owen from the pool, throw some sweats on him, and get the heck outta there.

So we've had one Goldfish lesson so far and it went well. The instructor had us do bobs with the kids and Owen giggled the entire time. I'm glad he didn't cry like a couple of the other kids. Owen also "swam" through a hoop that was placed in the water. Really, he lunged from the wall into my arms, but that's what the instructor was hoping for. Owen did that several times. His confidence is building. The goal is to have the kids swim five feet unassisted by the end of this class. I'm excited to see what kind of progress Owen makes.

No comments: