We're taking a break from swim lessons and decided to let Owen give gymnastics a try. Two words: freakin' hilarious! His instructor is great and somehow manages to keep six 3-year-olds from tearing the gym apart. The class is so much fun and they get to do all kinds of cool things: run around on the crash mats and play games, swing on the bars, jump on the trampoline, walk across the balance beam, dive into the foam pit, you name it! The instructor sets up obstacle courses that the kids actually follow. The first rotation is normally chaos, but eventually the kids just start following each other and will circle around the course several times.
I admit, I was nervous about this. Owen is barely 3 and is the youngest in his class. All the other kids have taken at least one class without their parent before, but this is Owen's first. So he has no concept of walking in a line or waiting his turn. The first day he needed a little help on those things, but he's already made a huge improvement and those are no longer issues.
Chris offered to take Owen to class today and was quite entertained! This is such a nice break from swim lessons, which we'll resume in a month or two. I don't miss that chaotic locker room one bit!
1 comment:
Olivia LOVED her gymnastics class. We're going to enroll her again this summer. I'm glad Owen likes it too. It is so funny to watch them try to be coordinated. =)
Post a Comment