Chris called the doctor's office to see what we should do and they told us to head to the ER. My dad was able to watch Owen so off we went. They got him checked in right away which was nice. I was annoyed with the doctor because he kept talking about Logan's lip and how there wasn't much he could do for it. I felt we were wasting time so I finally said "the lip is the least of my concerns. We're here to make sure the tooth can be saved." Good lord.
(This picture is misleading. Logan was not very happy. I was riding around the room on the stool and spinning in circles to entertain him. He smiled just long enough for a couple pictures.)The good news: the tooth is still rooted in the gum and isn't going to fall out. The bad news: despite trying to push it back, it's not in the same place it was. It's better, but not perfect. It will take me some time to accept that Logan will have a crooked tooth, but eventually I know I'll be fine with it.
It's easy for people to say "it's just a baby tooth." Well, those people can kiss my ass.
Owen was very concerned about his little brother. He told my dad the whole story and kept asking if Logan was still hurt. When we picked Owen up, he tried really hard to make Logan giggle during the drive home. What a little sweetheart.
So everything is fine. Logan has to eat soft foods for a few days, but that's about it. Oh, and Good Samaritan's new ER is open now. It's so nice, and way bigger than the old one.
No comments:
Post a Comment