First off, Chris gave me a fantastic early Mother's Day gift. He stayed home on Saturday to get things done around the house, and when the boys and I got home from Selah, I discovered that he scoured the ENTIRE upstairs! What a wonderful surprise! I keep our downstairs pretty spotless and upstairs is usually pretty clean, but hadn't had a scrubbing in a while. I'm still thanking him for it.
Yesterday, we celebrated my third Mother's Day. It's become my favorite holiday. My family makes me feel loved every day of the year, but Mother's Day is different. I don't know if I can explain it.. it's like you feel love from everyone, not just your family. I'll see a sign outside of a business that says "Happy Mother's Day" and I feel like it's just for me, or I'll receive happy wishes from a complete stranger. It's just such a nice feeling. And all I had to do was go through about 18 months of pregnancy, two inductions, and lots of pushing to receive all that love.
I've been asking for window boxes since.. well, since before we even built our first house. When I backpacked across Europe, it didn't matter what country I was in. One thing was common: window boxes were everywhere. And I knew that someday, I'd have some of my own. This year Chris said he'd build them for me. I got to design them and he did the rest. They've been primed but still need paint. I'll post pictures when they are finished.
And we wouldn't be Chris and Mandy without something totally off-the-wall: Chris bought me a hatchet. Yep, a hatchet for Mother's Day. A couple weeks ago I was moaning and groaning about not having one (I needed to chop kindling for our fire pit). So Chris made all my wildest dreams come true and now I'm the proud owner of a hatchet.
Luckily, my new hatchet will get plenty of use because yesterday, we signed a deal for a new tent trailer. Something I never thought we'd own because I'm a hardcore tenter. However, we came to a compromise and I think a tent-trailer will be nice to have. We're in the process of refinancing the house, so we'll finalize the trailer as soon as the refinance is complete. Should be soon!
So Mother's Day 2011 was a good one. I hope everyone else had a nice day too!
No comments:
Post a Comment