Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sick

Poor Owen has been sick. We've had very good luck with our kids' health and don't deal with sickness much in our house. In fact, Logan has never had a cold or an ear infection. Yay for good immune systems!

However, Owen came down with a fever Sunday night. Monday morning I didn't even recognize him: he was lethargic, his color was gone (except for pink cheeks from the fever), and he had bags under his eyes. His energy level was so low he could hardly talk. I took him him for a strep test (negative) and they found his white blood cell count was high so he's on antibiotics.

The one perk of being sick is that you get spoiled. I set up a TV and DVD player in his room and put movies on for him. I hope he doesn't get used to treatment like that, because as soon as he's healthy the movies are coming out!

He's feeling better today and has started eating and drinking again. It's nice to have my kid acting normal again :)

Side note: at his appointment he was 43.5 inches and weighed 40 pounds. A comparison: if he were 4 he'd be off the charts for his height, and if he were 5 he'd be in the 60th percentile. Which isn't surprising considering that he's taller than most of the older kids that he plays with.

No comments: