Thursday, December 1, 2011

Because It Was There

It's no secret: I have a thing for Mt Rainier. So does my dad, and so did my late grandfather. Both climbed it "because it was there" according to my grandpa. Someday I hope to climb it too.

I can see the mountain from several rooms in the house, and until we lived here I had no idea that the mountain turns pink just before the sun sets. It's only like that for a few minutes. And when the weather is perfect (or imperfect depending on how you look at it), the cloud formations around it are amazing. I love watching the mountain.

Tonight I glanced outside and saw this:
I wonder if the mountain has a guardian angel. See the "cloud mountain's" halo?

Had I been a minute later I would have missed it. I've gotten several awesome pictures because I've glanced outside at just the perfect moment. It makes me think that my grandpa must be tapping me on the shoulder, whispering "look outside, Mandy." I miss him.

No comments: