We had such a nice Thanksgiving. Chris had to work in the evening so we stayed home and kept things small. Anymore, I prefer to stay home when he works on holidays. It puts so much less stress on me when we don't have to be somewhere, and it gives me a chance to actually kick back and enjoy the day.I did as much prep work as I could the day before, which really simplified things for me.
All I really had to do on Thanksgiving Day was take things from the fridge and stick them in the oven at specified times. This meant I didn't have any huge messes to deal with. Score!My parents joined us for dinner and spent a few hours hanging out. Owen was so happy to see them but kept asking for Laura. She's been in the Caribbean for work and will return just before Christmas (hopefully).
Chris had thought about dropping by to see his family before work, but opted to hang out at home for a little longer instead. The boys kept everyone quite entertained (Owen was showing off his Wii skills and Logan brought all his toys out). Eventually my parents went home, Chris left, Logan fell asleep, and I enjoyed some quiet time with Owen. It was a very nice day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment