Sunday, November 20, 2011

We're in Business

We took the plunge. After a lot of discussion, research, and weighing out pros and cons, Chris and I started a home-based business. We create and produce vinyl decals for home and vehicles. Some of the items will be our ideas and designs, but we'll also do custom work. It's a great way for Chris and I to combine our talents, and we're already having a lot of fun coming up with prototypes.

Our website is still under construction which is why we haven't made any formal announcements yet. I pitched a couple of vehicle decal designs to a cop wives group online and have sold almost 40 over the last two days. Chris placed an ad on Craigslist and we've already got someone interested in custom flames for his truck, which would be huge for us! We've got a tentative fundraising agreement with an elementary school for decals, and I'm working with a friend to do a giveaway on her website (she writes a popular running blog and has over one thousand followers/potential buyers). The idea is to take it slow, have fun, and earn a little extra money. The goal isn't necessarily to strike it rich, although I wouldn't say no if it came knocking at the door. From the money that's come in so far, we've paid for 1/7 of what we've invested which isn't bad at all.

Getting started has been a process. Next step is to get the website up and running, and then I will share it with you. In the meantime, contact me if there's anything you need - an inspirational quote for your family room, sports silhouettes for your son's bedroom, your daughter's basketball number for your car window... anything! Friends and family definitely receive a price break :)

No comments: