Thursday, December 22, 2011

Seeing Santa

We finally had a chance to go see Santa at the mall. I'd been dreading it for one reason: I had a feeling this would be the year that we'd have tears.

Our easygoing, happy-go-lucky Logan has changed into Mr. Separation Anxiety. He wasn't like this before our Caribbean trip. So it's something new that likely is tied to our most recent vacation. Because of this, I figured that Logan would be very unhappy sitting on a strange man's lap.

Since we waited until the Monday before Christmas, the line to see Santa was long. Despite this, the photographer was still taking his time (something I really love about him). So we waited for quite a while but the boys were fine.

When it was our turn, Owen climbed right up and started telling Santa that he'd like cars and trucks for Christmas. We placed Logan down and backed away. For the first few pictures he was fine (although he wasn't very smiley). And then he let loose. His little face scrunched up and he started to wail! The photographer put on his best show for Logan but just couldn't get the big smiles that we're used to seeing.

I used to think I'd be upset with anything less than a perfect, everyone-is-smiling picture, but I've gotten to the point that it doesn't really matter. The picture itself is what's most important. Actually, Logan's pantleg bothers me more than his unwillingness to smile.

Anyway, here is this year's picture:

No comments: