Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Logan: Two Year Check-Up

Logan had his two year check-up last month and I nearly forgot to post about it. He's a shrimp! I'm not recalling his exact height, but it was in the 50-60th percentile, and his weight was in the 40th. I'll fill in the numbers later. Chris went to the appointment and didn't write them down, so I'll have to get them from the office.

Everything looks good! Logan is a little behind with his speech, which we've known. We've been reading to him a lot, and he definitely understands everything that we say to him. He's got his own little language and is able to convey to us what he needs. Owen was slow with his speech at this age too, and we're not concerned about it.

Best part of the two-year appointment: no shots :)

In other news, I think it's time to get Logan into a couple of activities. He had so much fun at Owen's gymnastics birthday party the other night (I still need to post about that). And we need to start getting him into the pool. I'll add him to our YMCA membership soon so he can get started with swimming and gymnastics like his big brother.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have to say, he's probably not slow in his speech, and neither was Owen. It's just that they're boys. Doctors don't seem to take into account the differences between boys and girls when they ask you all those milestone questions. Both of my boys took longer while all my girls talked "right on time". So you're smart to not be worried about it. I was with Charlie, and then when Henry came along and sounded the exact same, I went "huh". And stopped worrying about it too!