Saturday, May 26, 2012

Quiet Night

It's just Logan and me tonight, and he's in bed so really it's just me. No tv, no music. Other than a 60-minute phone conversation with our HOA president, the house has been so quiet, and it's nice! Chris has been working a lot of o/t lately, so to give me a little break my mom invited Owen over to spend the night. It sounds like they've been having a nice time together.

There's really not much to write. I chose to take a break from YMCA activities for a while, and it's been nice having nothing to do and nowhere to be. The days are nice and long, and having nowhere to go is so peaceful. We spend as much time outside as we can.

Business is very good and I couldn't be happier with our success. I sense that things will slow down a little bit during the summer, which is fine since we'll be busy with camping. Can't let business get in the way of recreation, right? I'm really having fun being my own boss. I can work outside on nice days, with a key lime margarita in my hand, and not listen to some jackass tell me what to do.

I've gotten involved with Moms RUN This Town, which is a nation-wide running club. I've just started a chapter for the Puyallup/South Hill area and am already attracting new members. For now we'll just communicate online but once we get ourselves a little more established, we'll organize some group runs and register for a few races together. I think it will be fun.

So that about sums it up. In a couple weeks we'll likely go camping again, and we'll start up with more YMCA activities. And I will end this post with an awesome conversation between father and son that took place a few nights ago:

Owen: Daddy, I want a piece of tape.
Chris: Eat your dinner first, and then you can have a piece of tape.
Owen: I don't want to eat.
Chris: Then no tape. You don't get something for doing nothing. You're not a Democrat.

Right on, Chris.

No comments: