We just had the most fantastic family reunion over the weekend! My mom did all the organizing, and the turnout was great.
My mom's sisters were all there, and most of my first cousins were able to make it. Maria and Mike weren't there, and my sister is still overseas, but the others showed up. My second cousin Heidi and her husband were there along with their 4 kids, as well as lots of aunts, uncles, etc.
We took our bounce house over, and I picked up a slip-n-slide for the kids. The weather was a nice, perfect 75 degrees. The adults visited and the kids played hard. My grandpa especially loved watching the kids play. Last summer, when Owen was running around on the lawn, he told me "This is why we have this big lawn. So we can watch our great-grandkids play." I remember so many summer water fights on the big lawn when they lived in
Grandview on the farm. That lawn is what I miss the most about that house. But they have a big lawn at this house too, and now a new generation of grandkids to play on it. Next year Kelley's son Oliver will be running around too.

It was a long day but a fantastic one! Owen had a great time chasing Heidi's kids around and slept most of the way home. I can't wait to get together with everyone again. We're a pretty rad bunch. Thanks for organizing, Mom :)
No comments:
Post a Comment