Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fourth of July

We had a nice, laid-back 4th this year. No parties, just a bunch of fun in the sun, lots of goodies, and time together as a family. We played in the yard most of the day until it was time for Chris to head to work.

I talked my mom into coming over for the evening. We barbecued and as the skies grew darker, sat outside and watched the fireworks. Several of our neighbors spend a LOT of money on fireworks which means we don't have to.

Here's a picture of me allowing Owen to be in charge of the sparkler. I was comfortable with this arrangement for about 2 seconds (long enough to get a picture) before holding onto it with them.

My boys' certainly have different personalities when it comes to fireworks. This year Owen decided that he wasn't crazy about the loud ones (this is new for him). He didn't even want to sit outside with us but, being the fantastic mom that I am, I made him. I wrapped him up in a blanket and held him on my lap, and he was much more comfortable with that arrangement. Actually, he ended up falling asleep. Logan, on the other hand, loved everything about the fireworks. The louder, the better, and he laughed whenever he heard a "boom".

We had a nice holiday. The only thing that would have made it better would have been for Chris to have the night off. But that never happens and that's the reality of cop life.

No comments: