His class meets on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (LOVE this so much better than M-W-F) and he's in the afternoon group. Yesterday morning, he wandered into our room and asked "Do I get to go to preschool today?" Finally, we were able to answer yes!
The next few hours seemed to last forever! Eventually, it was time for him to shower, get dressed, and do his hair. He just had his hair cut and likes it when I spike it a little in the front. He put on his brand new backpack (Skechers brand and it has lights, of course) and we went outside to take pictures. He and I designed the special sign together. Yes, he is the one who picked the eyeball font!
We drove to school and waited outside until they opened the doors. The kids went inside and hung their coats and backpacks, and went into their classroom. Owen sat right down with the others and gave me a look that said "I'm going to be fine. You can leave now!" We blew each other kisses!Logan cried when we climbed into the truck without Owen. I'm not sure if he was upset that Owen was gone, or if he wanted to stay too, but regardless he wasn't happy. Until we bribed him with a slushy of course. We ran errands until it was time to go pick Owen up again.
The kids were playing outside when we arrived. The teacher had them grab their backpacks and line up, and they were dismissed. The kids were all yelling "bye" at one another and it was so cute! During the drive home, we kept asking Owen all kinds of questions and he answered each one with "I don't remember." Finally, we asked what he had for snack and he said "Crackers. They were shaped like circles and I had 4 of them. I also poured my own drink." So, I think we know what Owen's favorite part of the day was!
We're all so excited about preschool! Today, Chris and I kept volunteering to drop him off/pick him up (we ended up both going). The newness will wear off, or maybe not. We're so proud of our big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment