Thursday, September 13, 2012

First Week

Owen just finished up his first week of preschool. I really like his teachers and they have the nicest things to say about Owen. They said he's been a little quiet, which I expected, but he's eager and willing to participate in all the activities. Yesterday, the class was working on an art project and apparently Owen gave his artwork to his teacher as a gift. She felt a little bad, because she said the particular piece he gave her was supposed to be for me. But my feelings weren't hurt at all. It means he has a kind heart, and that makes me happy.

Owen's class consists of 4 boys and 10 girls. Owen seems happy with this arrangement, because he loves playing with the big doll house and kitchen set, and the more girls the merrier. Chris cringes, but I remind him that we don't have these types of toys at home, so they are new and intriguing for Owen. I guess he set up a big buffet for everyone with all the pretend food yesterday. Funny kid!

So far, Owen's favorite part of the day (besides snack) is calendar time. At the beginning of class, they sit and discuss the day of the week, the current month, and how the days and months progress. I'm sure Owen loves this part because he already knows the days and months. So he gets to show off his knowledge a little bit.

Today he came home with his very first homework assignment. He is supposed to color a picture of a house and draw his family members. This should be fun :)

So... so far so good! Chris and I are loving our special time with Logan, and Owen is having a blast being a big kid. I can't believe how different he seems to me now. Last week he was Owen the little 4-year-old. He seems so much older now, and more responsible. I think time is really going to start flying for us.

No comments: