Chris was home on Christmas Eve (how did that work out?) so we had my sister, Dad and Ashley over for a few hours for appetizers and gifts. I made my meatballs, but not after an extra trip to the store a few hours prior to the party, because Chris was "concerned" about the amount of meatballs I'd purchased. Meaning he was worried there wouldn't be enough for him to test, eat, and save for later. (Okay, he was right... we would have run out had I not picked up an extra bag. What can I say... everyone loves the vegetarian-prepared meatballs.)
We spent quite a bit of time opening gifts. The boys received some very nice toys and clothes. We had a good time together, and after several hours everyone went home.
The boys changed into their PJs and we set cookies and
milk a beer out for Santa. The boys put carrots out for the reindeer as well. We checked NORAD to see where Santa was, and discovered he was only a couple hours from our house. The boys didn't want Santa to skip them, so they ran up to bed and fell asleep.
I'd like to say that Chris and I spent a nice, quiet evening in front of the fireplace. But that certainly didn't happen. This was literally our first chance to wrap anything so we spent the next few hours helping Santa prepare for the next morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment