We had a nice family dinner with Grandma and Grandpa, Sandra, Hal, Matt and his girlfriend Ruth, Christina, and Don. Owen and Logan were thrilled to see Cousin Don again! He's lots of fun.
Santa visited the house, so the boys had a few more gifts to open. We watched movies, stayed up late, had too many snacks, and I *might* have snuck out to
Random side note: Last year at Christmas, each time Owen would open a gift, he'd say "Thank you, I love it!" (I'd been trying to teach him to say something in addition to the "thank you" and the "I love it" is what he chose every time.) This year we'd been working on some other things to say, like "I've always wanted a shirt with purple stripes" or "How did you know yellow is my favorite color?" Anyway, Grandma asked the boys if they'd like a glass of milk. Logan piped up with "chocolate milk!" Grandma granted his request and Owen said "Thank you, Great-Grandma. This is the finest chocolate milk I've ever had!" We laughed about that for days.. What 4-year-old uses "finest" to describe his milk?
I'm so thankful that my boys got to spend another holiday with their great-grandparents. We had a great couple of days together. Nothing keeps us away.. not even a closed pass (hey Grandma, wink wink!).


No comments:
Post a Comment