I don't really know why, but this year I decided that we needed three Christmas trees. One for the entryway, one for the boys' play room, and our main tree in the living room. The boys did the bulk of the work on the first two trees, which we put up around Thanksgiving, and I'll say this honestly: those two little worker bees did a very nice job.
We put our big tree up a couple weeks after. We drove out to our regular Christmas tree farm in Eatonville to cut one down. Poor Logan fell asleep on the drive there and didn't want to wake up, so I didn't really get any cute pictures of him (see below). But that's life with a two-year-old, right?
We pick a different type of tree each year, and this year we ended up with a 9-foot fir that was very wide. I usually prefer more narrow trees, but this year I let Chris pick something huge.
We put the tree up the next day before Chris headed in to work. I started putting the lights up, which got the boys all excited, so I let them put a bunch of ornaments on. We left 50 for Chris (good move on my part... he was a little unhappy when he came home to an 80 percent decorated tree).
So the House of Trees looked nice this year, and the boys were equally helpful when it came to packing everything up. How did I ever get so lucky? Next year I think I will put up a fourth tree, upstairs in the front window.





No comments:
Post a Comment