New Years Eve isn't really the most exciting these days. Husband works, wife stays home with kids. Honestly, I don't even mind. I'd rather have us safe at home instead of dodging drunks on the road.
Chris went in to work a few hours early. We talked him into a quick picture (he refused to wear the tiara to work) and said our goodbyes. The boys and I spent the evening playing, coloring, watching a movie, and eating goodies. They both fell asleep a little early, so my night was nice and quiet.
Chris called at midnight and we had a typical cop family conversation...
Phone: Ring ring.
Me: Hello?
Chris: Hi, I thought I'd call and wish you a Happy New Year.
Me: Oh thanks! Happy New Year! How are you?
Chris: Sh!t, I gotta back someone on a call. I'll call you later.
Phone: Click.
Chris made it home safe and sound a few hours later, and enjoyed a much-needed 3-day weekend at home after working DUI emphasis for the month. A great way to begin a new year!


No comments:
Post a Comment