Chris and I made New Years resolutions to run 1000 miles in 2011. I thought I'd quit after the first two weeks in January because I was sick and fell dangerously behind the pace. Who wants to spend the whole year catching up? But... I'm not a quitter and I've been working really hard at making it up. Chris has logged 101 miles and I've got 84. I'm almost caught up.
In addition to all this, I've been doing a lot of lower-body strengthening in preparation for St Helens. I think I'm more concerned about coming down than going up. Although if there is enough snow, we can glissade down.
I finally broke down and joined the Y. I used to work there and had a free membership, so it kind of kills me to pay for one. I tried a Zumba class the other night and will try a few others next week. It's hard to fit it into my schedule but Chris has been very accomodating in helping me find time. I'm not ready to place the kids into the drop-in childcare yet. Well, I'm fine with Owen going in but not Logan. Not sure why, since I know they are wonderful.
Back to resolutions, I'm still doing my recipe-a-week and pictures. I just haven't had time to post about them. I'm happy that I've been able to keep up on all the resolutions though :)
2 comments:
Holy crap. 1000 miles is a huge goal. I have friends who LOVE running who don't set a goal over 600 for the year. And they run half marathons. Just be careful you don't injure yourself. I would hate to have your entire hiking thing benched because you jacked up your legs running too much.
You guys rock! what an awesome goal.
Post a Comment