Friday, February 18, 2011

Kitchen Helper

I don't really know why, but Owen has this fascination with eggs. He doesn't care to eat them. He just really likes talking about them. Sometimes, during my shining mom-of-the-year moments when I'm trying to bribe him with a sticker or cookie, he'll say "no, egg." I don't get it. (Yes, bribing him with an egg usually works. Fortunately he's never made me come through with actually giving him one.)

So today, I decided to bake cookies for Owen to decorate. I cracked an egg and tossed it into the bowl. Before my brain could process what was going on, Owen grabbed an egg, gave it a good whack on the side of the bowl and emptied the contents all over the counter. And he was very proud of his work:
I'm not sure why, but I had such a good laugh over this. Normally my OCD would kick in and I'd go into a panic about salmonella poisoning. But Owen and I just giggled about it, took a few pictures, and cleaned it up. I hope all the laughing won't encourage him to do it again though :)

No comments: