Every year my birthday sneaks up, and the night before I always think "what the heck just happened? Another year has passed?" Days seem to go by slow but months pass quickly. This year I'm taking a few moments to think about what I accomplished in my 32nd year.
I like the number 32. It's the reverse of my favorite number, which is 23. My number of choice in basketball was 32, because I didn't want people to think I was a Michael Jordan wannabe. To tell you the truth, I never was a Michael Jordan fan. I love Dan Majerle (Phoenix! #9, Thunder Dan!). Okay, off topic...
In my 32nd year, ths following things happened...
I gave birth to my sweet baby Logan. I learned (quickly) how to juggle two kids who are very close in age. I met new cousins I didn't know I had. I swam at the base of a 300-foot waterfall in Dominica. I started riding my bike again. I bought permits for Chris and I to climb Mount St Helens. I hiked Zion Canyon. I helped create a brand new HOA for my neighborhood and was elected to serve on the board of directors. I swam with giant sea turtles in Barbados. I entered a photo contest. I made a fool of myself dancing on the big screen at Safeco Field. I climbed rocks in the Valley of Fire. I spent a lot of time at Mt Rainier. I signed up for a photography seminar. I snorkeled at the base of the Piton Mountains in St Lucia. I committed to run 1000 miles in 2011. I laid in the Puerto Rican sun. I signed up for a 188-mile relay race. I learned how to sail an America's Cup regatta race boat in St Maarten. I cut bad, icky, disgusting people out of my life. I became closer with people who are important to me.
Not a bad year. A lot happened. Much of it really good. So Happy Birthday Eve to me, and tomorrow I'll celebrate in the snow! (Random fact: my birthday seems to attract snow. This isn't the first time.)
No comments:
Post a Comment