Saturday, March 26, 2011

Outside Time

I was able to spend several hours outside this week. Logan's naps happened to coincide well with the weather, so I took Owen out and tackled several projects while Chris was at work. I raked the thatch out of the grass, fertilized, weeded all my flower beds, and planted a couple hundred summer bulbs. The pond water has warmed up enough to raise the metabolism of our fish, so they've been active and are eating food again. Our two huge (10+ inch) comets survived the winter, as well as the three koi I gave Chris for Father's Day. It also looks like most of our smaller comets made it too. I'm happy.

I also started several flats of seeds. For now, they are in the laundry room. Hopefully by this time next year, I will have a small greenhouse. I've been putting in some strong hints! Maybe Mother's Day 2012?

Owen's been spending lots of time playing on the swing set. This week, he asked if Logan could swing with him. We actually didn't have a baby swing so I picked one up yesterday. Logan giggled the entire time he was in it. Owen thinks it's so cool that his little brother can play too.

Chris is finished with his three-week training in traffic collision. His total score for the class was 99.7 percent. I'm not even surprised that he did so well. He finds this type of work so interesting and luckily he possesses the math skills necessary to be good at it. I'm so proud of him. I'm also happy that we can kiss this day-shift business goodbye! He goes back to working nights soon.

1 comment:

Crystal - The Domestic Warrior said...

A woman after my own heart! I get giddy when I read words like seeds, greenhouse, bulbs, and thatch. I am also hoping that I get to add a greenhouse to the family next year. This year, I might try growing the tomatoes indoors. I've read some tips for doing that, and I have the space. I just don't know if I'll have the required sun in my shady yard. We'll see!

I love how happy Logan is in his swing. I swear the only thing big brothers like more than swinging themselves, is pushing baby brother around.

And congrats Chris for the awesome job! Sounds like you've got a keeper. =)