I've always wanted to go to a kite festival and this year it happened. The original plan was to go to Ocean Shores with my dad and sister (long story short, we have many "inside" kite jokes... no one gets it, so I won't even bother explaining). But plans changed so I dragged Chris, the boys and my mom along instead.
We found a nice spot on the beach to park the car and settled in. We spent the next several hours flying our kite, playing in the sand, jumping waves, and enjoying the great weather. We had a fantastic bbq lunch. Owen couldn't get enough of the waves and kept yelling "another one!" Logan was sleepy and spent most of the time snoozing in the back seat.
Today was seriously one of the best days I've had in a very long time. Everything was so perfect: I was with family, the sun was shining, the boys were having fun... I've been in a funk lately because of the terrible weather, and today was just what I needed. Best part: Chris had a blast. He was being kind of a turd about going because he didn't think it sounded like fun. So he's getting a little bit of "I told you so" treatment from me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment