We took the boys to a carnival at the YMCA tonight. It was fun.. music, bounce houses, games, candy, all that stuff. Owen played several games and did quite well. That's my boy! Logan even played a couple of games too.Our favorite part of the evening was the costume contest! There were 6 different categories and we entered the boys in "best duo/couple" since they were dressed as fishing buddies. The judging was done by applause (they had a decibel meter) and Owen and Logan won their category! I was worried when I saw how the judging was going to work, because I figured it would just be a "scream loud for your own kid" contest (which I think is obnoxious) but the boys had a large crowd cheering for them
so it was a legitimate win! They each scored a big bag of goodies and were quite happy with themselves.I must admit, I was happy with myself too. I pretty much can't stand store-bought costumes... no offense to those who buy them... I just like to put them together myself. So it was nice to beat out the masses of store-bought outfits. This year, due to a busy schedule, I kept it simple by putting the boys in flannel shirts, jeans and boots. I sewed the fishing vests (first time making pockets!) and attached miscellaneous lures. The boys have little nets to collect
their candy. I felt a kind of bad because Owen kept asking if he and Logan could be dinosaurs, but I just didn't have time to sew two full costumes. I'll let him pick his costume next year for sure. However, he really likes his fishing costume and was excited that he won a prize.
No comments:
Post a Comment