Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Christmas Tree
Last Monday we bundled up and headed out to our favorite tree farm in Eatonville to pick out a Christmas tree. Vacation messed things up a little bit, so we were late in putting up a tree.
Owen insisted on taking a shovel because he was under the impression that we'd be digging the tree out of the ground. I love how his little mind works :) Logan didn't want to be empty-handed so he had to take a truck. Not a Hot Wheel, but a larger truck that I ended up carrying of course.
We picked out a nice 9-foot tree and cut it down, and we brought it inside and decorated it the next day. I keep telling Chris "This is the easiest tree we've ever had." The height was perfect, we got it into the house easily (this tree is narrower than what we normally get), it went into the stand perfectly the first time with no adjustments, the lights went on without any problem, etc. Owen was a great helper with the decorating, although I made a few changes when he wasn't looking. He likes to put as many ornaments on the same branch as possible.
I'm glad we've got the tree up, and even more glad that it was so easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment