Friday, May 11, 2012

Here Comes the Sun

We've been outside a LOT lately. Finally, a nice spring. I really hope that our summer is nice because like I mentioned in a previous post, I'll need a trip to the Caribbean in the fall if we don't have a nice summer.

 The boys play in their wading pool all the time. We're thinking of picking up a bigger pool with a filter to leave up all summer. The only issue is that I'm not sure I want to look at it all the time. But like the giant swing set, I suppose I'll get used to it. I've got a new nickname for Logan: No Fear Johnson. He puts a little step stool next to the pool and jumps in. He gets so much air and he lands on his knees. I would assume it's got to hurt a little bit but you'd never know.. he's so tough.

Owen likes playing with his "boat races". It's a cheap toy that I bought at Fred Meyer a few summers ago. Over time, the little boats were either chewed up by a dog, hit with the lawnmower, or simply lost. Luckily, this is something that Fred Meyer sells every year so I bought a new one this week, securing my title as "Most Awesome Mom" award, at least in Owen's opinion. He plays with his boats for hours.

 I'm starting to get things planted outside. I usually wait until Mother's Day to plant, but I started a little earlier this year because the weather has been nice. All of my tomatoes and peppers have been grown from seed in my laundry room and are now planted outside. My hops are looking fantastic, although yesterday I realized that I'm horribly allergic to the vines. Welts and burning aside, I'm still very happy that they're doing well in my yard. And I'm working on planting my flowers... I can't wait until everything is in full bloom.

And random: while all the dirtbags were out "celebrating" May Day by breaking windows and slashing car tires in Seattle, my neighbor left these pretty flowers on my doorstep! We celebrate May Day a little bit different out here... the old school, traditional way :)

No comments: