Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We kept things low key this year. Chris had the day off, and I thought about heading over the mountains for the holiday. But in the end I decided I wanted to keep it small and simple, and stay home. We just invited my mom and sister over for dinner.

I prepared the usual Thanksgiving fare. I decorated the house for Christmas (with a couple of mini pumpkins and a string of autumn-themed garland... gotta give Thanksgiving a little bit of recognition). I set up the 4-foot Christmas tree by the front window and let the boys decorate it. We'll put up our big tree in a couple weeks.


Dinner was nice and quiet, and we had a lovely holiday. The boys were tired and even went to bed a little early in their new Christmas PJs, which we give them every year on Thanksgiving.


No comments: